Opportunities to get involved are plentiful! Meet new friends, get some fresh air and light exercise, and spread the word about the benefits of herbs. It’s all possible through volunteering with the Memphis Herb Society!
- On-going: weeding, assisting in the MBG herb garden and – this was just added – we can also help in the iris garden! All work hours go towards our room rental at the MBG.
- Spring Plant Sale at the Garden – April 17 & 18th: The volunteer schedule and sign-up sheet will be available at our upcoming meeting in February.
- Prepping/potting herbs (pre-April 16)
- Herb Sales
- Demonstrations (Culinary, medicinal, gardening, your specialty)
- Cooper-Young Garden Walk – May 16 & 17: We will have a table in a secret garden, distribute information, have mini-demos.
Our volunteers have been busy!
- Serving on the board and organizing our meetings
- Writing articles
- Providing information and promoting the MHS at the Lichterman Seed Swap
- Pulling weeds, spring preparation in the garden
- Potting herbs for the plant sale
- Learning how to properly prune the lovely herb garden hedge
- Providing food for members and guests at our meeting
We are making a difference!