Lemon Chicken Tenders with Herbs
- 2 pound (or less) chicken tenders
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon- thinly sliced rounds
- 1 large clove garlic chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh herbs – Summer Savory, Rosemary, Oregano, and Parsley
- Season chicken tenders with salt and black pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients together to make marinade.
- Place chicken into a zip lock bag and add the marinade:
- Make sure that the marinade covers all parts of the chicken and place the sealed zip lock bag into the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Using a medium hot skillet, add a little olive oil to brown the chicken on both sides. If the oil has separated from the marinade, 1- 2 tablespoon of this could be used.
- Remove the tenders from the pan and set aside. Add the marinade to the pan to cook the juices, deglaze the pan, and reduce the sauce. When this step is done, add the tenders back into the pan and serve.
- Bulgur wheat or ancient grains would make a delicious combination.
Summer Savory Vinegar
- Summer Savory herbal sprigs
- 2 whole cloves of garlic
- apple cider vinegar
- Place all items into a glass canning jar with a plastic lid.
- Allow to steep for two weeks in a dark cupboard until it has reached the desired strength.
- Decant and throw out the used herbs.
- Find a lovely bottle and fill it with the herbal vinegar. Introduce a small well shaped sprig of summer savory into the bottle as a decorative touch.
- Feel free to make your herbal vinegar from a selection of summer herbs that go well together, such as summer savory, oregano, and rosemary.