Tracy’s Sugar Cookies with Lavender Icing
- 1 package Store bought sugar cookie rounds
- 1-3 Tablespoons Organic lavender buds
- Prepare sugar cookies according to instructions on package.
- Make a hot lavender infusion: Heat 2 cups of water to boil. Turn off heat and add 1-3 T. organic lavender buds. Make sure buds are submerged
- Steep for 15 minutes to an hour and then strain. Add small amounts of the infusion to powdered sugar till thickened. Then top the cookies with lavender buds before icing dries. Lots of infusion left over for lavender lemonade. This icing would very good on shortbread cookies too.