Squash and Leek Casserole
- 2 c various squashes roughly cut
- ⅓ c leeks, sliced very thinly
- ⅓ c parsley, chopped finely or combination of your favorites
- ⅓-½ c Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 large egg
- salt & pepper to taste
- Steam squash very lightly and drain well. Combine with all the above ingredients. Place into a greased casserole dish and top with a little more cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until done.
- This recipe allows for many variations. You could use more squash or add your favorite spices. Instead of leeks, you can use a sweet onion which you would also lightly steamed. Fried onions would make a lovely topping.
Memphis Herb Society