Salted Caramel Chip Cookies
Submitted by Anita Lotz
- 1 package Betty Crocker Salted Caramel Cookie Mix
- ½ c butter softened, not melted (I use unsalted butter)
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ½ – ¾ c mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper (see note below).
- Combine cookie mix, softened butter, vanilla extract, and egg in a mixing bowl. Beat on low speed with hand mixer until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Form dough into tablespoon sized balls. Place on prepared baking sheets at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned. Allow to fully cool before removing cookies from the parchment.
- Yields 24-28 cookies.
Note: Use parchment paper as the salted caramel bits in the mix and the semisweet chocolate chips that you have added will otherwise bake onto the baking sheet and make the cookies difficult to remove without breaking. Memphis Herb Society