Rose Hip Vinegar
- 1/4 cup rose hips freshly harvested and lightly scored
- fresh organic lemon rind optional
- white wine vinegar
- Using a small and pretty 12 oz. swing top bottle, place fresh and scored rose hips into it.
- If desired, add organic lemon rind without the pith for an additional flavor note.
- Cut the rind into about 10 thin 2 inch ribbons and add them to your bottle.
- Cover all of the ingredients with white wine vinegar.
- Seal and place into a cool dark area for about 2 weeks. These 2 weeks will allow the flavors to be extracted from the fruit and rind and to meld together.