Rose Hip Tea
October is the perfect month to start looking for rose hips in the landscape. Make sure that your roses have not been sprayed with pesticides. Carefully gather the hips after the first frost of the season, because they are thought to be sweeter after a frost. Remove the bottom ends. If you are planning on just making tea, then the seeds do not have to be removed. Either used the dried broken up berries, or fresh mashed berries.
- 1 Tablespoon rose hips either fresh or dried
- 1 Tablespoon dried lemon verbena optional
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon optional
- Pour 8-10 ounces of hot water over your herbs and allow to steep for about 5+ minutes.
- Use honey, apple juice, or orange juice to sweeten to taste.
Have fun growing hips and also creating your own Rose Hip Teac recipe!