Oranges with Sweet Curry Toasted Walnuts and Coconut Chips
- Oranges peeled and chopped
- Walnut halves and/or pieces
- Unsweetened coconut chips
- Penzey’s Sweet Curry powder
- Coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Place walnuts on cookie sheet or cake pan. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil. Place walnuts in oven and let oil melt. Remove and stir until all walnuts are coated. Add more oil as needed. Sprinkle Sweet Curry Powder over all, and stir until walnuts are coated with spice. Toast walnuts until fragrant. Lightly sprinkle nuts with sea salt. Add coconut just before the nuts are toasted to your liking-watch and remove mixture when the coconuts pieces are golden.
- Serve walnut and coconut mixture over the cut oranges. Drizzle with honey, if desired.
- Could have separate components and let each person make their own fruit salad mixture…
Memphis Herb Society