from the December/January 2019 issue of Eat Drink Mississippihttps://www.eatdrinkmississippi.com/marinated-cheeseShared by Becky Iosue
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh or dried parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 2-ounce jar diced pimento drained
- 1 8-ounce block sharp cheddar cheese chilled
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese chilled (for best results, freeze for 15 minutes before cutting)
- Assorted crackers
- Combine first 10 ingredients in tightly covered container and shake vigorously. Set aside. Cut blocks of cheddar and cream cheese in half lengthwise. Then, cut both crosswise into ¼-inch thick slices. Set aside. *If cream cheese softens too quickly, pop it back in the freezer for a few minutes to firm.
- Next, create two rows of cheese, alternating cheddar and cream cheese slices in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over cheese. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, transfer rows of marinated cheese to a serving platter, reserving marinade. Spoon leftover marinade over cheese rows. Serve with assorted crackers, such as Triscuits or Wheat Thins.