Mabon Goldenrod Whole Wheat Raisin Bread
Celebrating the Celtic Autumn Equinox
Bowl 1 – Wet ingredients
- 2 bananas ripe
- 2 eggs small or medium
- ½ c whole milk Greek yogurt
- ¾ c sugar
- zest of one large lemon
Bowl 2 – Dry ingredients
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- ¼ c cornmeal
- 1 T ground flax seed
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- small pinch of Himalayan salt
- ½ c goldenrod flowers loosely packed
- ½ c raisins
- Heat oven to 375° F. Mix together bananas, eggs, yogurt, sugar, and lemon zest in a bowl. Use an immersion blender to combine and liquidify. Set aside.
- Stir together whole wheat flour, cornmeal, flaxseed ground, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and goldenrod flowers in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in raisins.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 7-½” x 12” glass pan, and place in oven. After 5 minutes, turn the oven down to 350° F. Bake an additional 25 minutes or until done.
Memphis Herb Society