Hot Bacon Pecan Spread
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 4 – 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- Crackers for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in medium skillet. Add chopped pecans and saute, stirring frequently until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream with a mixer or food processor (see note). Mix well. Add the remaining ingredients, using only ¼ cup of the toasted pecans.
- Spread in a small pie or casserole dish. Top with the remaining pecans.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve with crackers or corn chips.
Notes for the Food Processor: I used a food processor for all of the chopping (other than the nuts) and mixing for this dip. First, chop the parsley and green onions in a clean food processor bowl, pulsing until finely chopped. Add green peppers and bacon and pulse until chopped. Add sour cream, cream cheese and Worcestershire sauce to the food processor bowl and pulse until well mixed. Stir in ¼ cup pecans with a spatula and then spread in the baking dish. Top with nuts and bake.