Herbed Spinach Dip
Resource: All Time Best Appetizers, printed in CA
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- ½ red bell pepper chopped fine
- ½ c sour cream
- ½ c mayonnaise
- ½ c fresh parsley leaves
- 3 scallions sliced thin
- 1 tbsp fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ tsp hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Process all ingredients with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper in food processor until well combined, about 1 minute. Transfer to serving bowl, cover and refrigerate until flavors have blended, at least 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving with crudites.
- Notes: My frozen spinach package was 9 ounces. I did use fresh (not dried) dill and 1½ teaspoons of chopped garlic). Probably most important, I did not process in a food processor, so ingredients may not be as fine and blended as they could be.