Herbed Deviled Eggs
Shared by Evelyn MosleySource: umamigirl.com/herbed-deviled-eggs-recipe
- 1 dozen peeled hard-boiled eggs
- ½ c mayonnaise
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 shallot minced
- ¼ c total mixed chopped herbs such as dill, tarragon, basil, chives, chervil and/or cilantro
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise and carefully remove yolks to a medium bowl. Mash yolks well with a fork.
- Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, black pepper and cayenne and continue mashing and blending with the fork until yolk mixture is creamy.
- Stir in shallot and herbs. Taste for seasoning — it should be assertively flavored, since egg whites have virtually no taste.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a star tip, a resealable plastic bag with one of the bottom corners snipped off, or a spoon, pipe or spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg halves.
- Garnish with additional herbs, if desired.