Kale and Pansy Salad
Small bunch of tender Kale leaves, sliced or torn Variety of available herbs such as Basil, Thyme, Parsley
- Small bunch of tender Kale leaves sliced or torn
- Variety of available herbs such as basil, thyme, and parsley
- ½ Vidalia onion sliced very thin
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoon Virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ¼ cup citrus juice orange with a touch of lemon or lime
- pepper & Himalayan salt to taste.
- Combine the greens, reserving the Violas as alast addition.
- Wisk the ingredients for the vinaigrette and addto the salad mixture.
- The addition of Feta Cheese could be a variation.
Spring Cheese Log
- 6 ounces Goat cheese
- 2 ounces Cream cheese
- Fresh Chives chopped – amount to taste
- Fresh Dill chopped – amount to taste
- 1 pinch white pepper
- fresh edible flowers reserve some for outside of log and for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse just long enough to mix. Remove and shape into a log, covering the outside with flower petals.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with more whole flowers and a few sprigs of dill.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or thin sliced homemade’ bread.
Red Hibiscus & Mint Tea with Pansies
- 1 quart filtered water freshly boiled
- 2 tablespoons dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 lemon juiced
- light colored honey to taste
- sprigs of mint to taste
- whole pansy flower heads as garnish
- Place the dried hibiscus into the boiled water and allow to steep for 30 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Strain and add lemon juice and honey.
- Chill and then pour into glasses, adding a sprig of mint and a pansy flower as garnish.