Galangal Coconut Soup
- 14 oz chicken stock
- 14 oz coconut milk unsweetened
- 7 slices galangal
- 3 stalks lemongrass cut into 1” slices & bruised
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves, shredded if available
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- Optional: 1 small sweet potato, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into ¼ inch slices * See Note
- Optional: 1 c white mushrooms, cut into ¼ inch slices * See Note
- Fresh squeezed lime juice
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine stock, coconut milk, galangal, lemongrass, kaffir leaves, salt, and any optional ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for about 15 minutes and, if used, until sweet potatoes and mushrooms are tender.
- Traditionally, the herbs galangal and lemongrass are not removed when served. Since they are not to be eaten, so you may choose to remove them before serving.
- Add lime juice to taste. Add Cilantro leaves just before serving.
Note: Add as many or few sliced mushrooms and potatoes as you would like, depending on if you prefer thick or thin soup.