Dorothea’s Corn Salad
Shared by Abby BrewerResource: 'Whiskey in a Teacup' by Reese Witherspoon
- ¼ c white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice from 1 lime
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- ½ c canola or extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ears corn shucked, kernels removed (about 6 cups)
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 bunch green onions white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 c lightly packed fresh herb leaves such as basil, cilantro, chives, tarragon, or flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Combine vinegar, lime juice, mustard, salt, pepper, honey, and shallot in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to allow shallots to soften and flavor the vinegar.
- Add the oil. Secure lid on jar. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds to emulsify the dressing.
- Combine corn, tomatoes, onions, and herbs in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Season salad with more salt and pepper as needed. Serve room temperature or chilled.