Cranberry Brie Bites
Servings: 18 pastries
- ½ box frozen puff pastry 1 sheet – I used the puff pastry from Trader Joe’s
- 4 ounces Brie cheese
- ½ cup cranberry sauce canned or homemade
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts optional
- Thaw 1 sheet from a 17-ounce box frozen puff pastry in the refrigerator according to package directions. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 400ºF. Lightly coat two mini muffin tins (12 muffin cups each) with cooking spray.
- Cut 4 ounces of Brie cheese into twenty-four 1-inch cubes. Refrigerate while you prepare the puff pastry.
- Stir together cinnamon and cranberry sauce in a small bowl.
- Unfold the sheet of puff pastry. Cut into 24 squares. Press each puff pastry square into a mini muffin cup. Add 1 cube of brie cheese to each pastry cup. Top each cup with 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce and, if using, 1/2 teaspoon chopped walnuts.
- Bake until puffed and lightly browned around the edges, 13 to 15 minutes. Cool for at least 5-10 minutes before serving, if serving warm.
Memphis Herb Society