One Skillet Breakfast
- 4 strips bacon cut into lardons* (see Note below)
- ⅓ cup leeks sliced
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup zucchini chopped
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup half and half
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh chervil for garnish
- Sauté the bacon in a heated skillet until crisp. Set aside and drain.
- Remove half of the bacon drippings ,and sauté the vegetables until tender.
- Beat the eggs, adding the half and half,
- Pour the mixture over the softened vegetable mixture. Cover and lower the heat until done.
- Use fresh chopped chervil and bacon as garnish. Can use any favorite vegetable mixture.
Note: A lardon is a strip or cube of either uncured pork fat or salt cured pork. Click here for more description: https://www.idratherbeachef.com/lardon-the-best-bacon-ever/
- 2 cups chervil
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ⅛ t citric acid See note below.
- sea salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse lightly, adding the olive oil as needed.
- You may wish to incorporate some finely chopped chervil into the paste for interest.
Note: Citric acid will act as a preservative, helping to keep the pesto color a brighter green.
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup finely chopped chervil
- Combine the above ingredients and shake well before use.