Seafood Pasta Louisiana
- 1-2 Tablespoon olive oil for sautéing
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes fire roasted an option
- salt, black pepper, and a touch of sugar.
- fresh herbs from the garden oregano, bay leaf, Mexican tarragon, basil
- **Cayenne pepper to taste! Add this ingredient slowly to achieve desired heat.
- 2 pounds shelled shrimp
- 1 pound spaghetti or Linguini
- For basic sauce, sauté onions until soft. Add 1 clove minced garlic and tomatoes. Simmer with bay leaf, adding herbs and seasonings. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan, lightly sauté shrimp in olive oil, later adding 1 clove minced garlic. Add shrimp to your sauce. A combination of various seafoods such as clams or scallops could be used.
- Cook pasta in a large pot for 8-10 minutes, following instructions on the package until pasta is al dente, drain. Add a little pasta water back into your pasta, and stir to keep it from getting sticky.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
- 2 pounds scrubbed yellow potatoes leaving the skin on then halved
- 1 Tablespoon Lawry’s Garlic salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling water with fresh herbs such as rosemary, bay leaf, and sage for about 5 minutes and drain. Slice potatoes in half. Set aside.
- Combine Lawry’s Garlic salt, olive oil, and cayenne pepper, and mix with the potatoes. Optional: Add fresh chopped rosemary and 1 clove minced garlic in the roasting mix.
- Spread the potatoes on a pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Place in the oven at 375° F. for about 30 minutes. Cook until the halves are golden and crispy, and the potatoes are done. Be sure to check the potatoes as they cook, each oven is a little different.